Recipe by Sana
This is a very simple recipe. I still thought about posting this because, the base of this recipe ( point where you add peas and potatoes)can be used to cook almost any vegetable curry - potatoes, spinach, cauliflower, capsicum , mushrooms etc. Another variation of this recipe is to use tomato puree instead of chopped tomatoes
Top Review by Katie224
This was my first attempt at homemade Indian, and I was very pleased with the results. I used tomato puree and added a sliced carrot. To save time, I steamed the potatoes, peas and carrots in the microwave while I prepared the rest of the ingredients. I also used just one small green chili pepper. Served with raita (#120649), flatbread, and mango chutney. I can hardly wait to eat the leftovers!
- 1 1⁄2 cups peas, boiled
- 1 cup diced potato, boiled
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the ginger,garlic, onions, chillies and tomatoes.
- Saute till the tomatoes and onions are softened.
- Add the turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and garam masala.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add the boiled peas and potatoes.
- Add the chopped cilantro.
- Add the water and bring to a simmer.
- Serve with Indian Bread or Rice.
- Tip: I microwave frozen peas and potatoes for about 10 minutes in my microwave.