Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an excellent side to many Indian dishes but this is the best served with dhal curry. Try it with my meat dhal curry.
- 4 medium potatoes (peeled,sliced thinly but not paper thin)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- oil (for deep frying)
- After washing potatoes, add spices (except salt if not frying immediately otherwise it will draw water).
- Toss potatoes in spices until well coated.
- Heat oil in saucepan.
- When oil medium hot, add salt to potatoes and fry in batches until potatoes develop a crisp outer layer to it but soft inside.
- Drain and serve hot with dhal.
I made these to go with the Dhal Curry With Meat (Gosht Dhal) they were full of flavour but not overpowering in the amount of spices. Easy and quick to make! I will definitely cook them again. Made for spring PAC 2014
Can't believe I'm the first to rate this since it was posted in 2006. But good for me as it's a winner. Went together soooo easy and the spices were a great blend - not to hot and just the right amounts. We made this to go with our breakfast eggs and made a nice addition and would be an interesting company side. I think next time I would add onions to the fry for just that extra flavor. Made for PARTY 2010