Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 24 hrs
Cook 30 mins
This is the best make ahead potato salad that I've ever come up with. The base of the recipe comes from the bottle of Hellmann's mayonnaise. No one in my family nor my DH's can even come close to this recipe and it's always gobbled up at any family event. I think the key is to making extra sauce and preparing this the day before. Give it a try this summer season and I guarantee you will get great reviews from your family & friends! Prep time includes making recipe 1 day in advance.
- Peel, cube, and cook potaotes in boiling water for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, blend mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, sugar, pepper, mustard, and garlic powder.
- Remove 1/2 of the sauce and reserve for later use.
- Fold in potatoes, celery, onion, and eggs.
- Refrigerate overnight for best results.
- Add needed reserved sauce to taste, but the salad is best when on the creamy side.
I was skeptical about this recipe, because I like yellow mustard rather than Dijon, but this is the best! I left out the celery, used red onion, and halved the garlic powder (it still had a distinct garlicky flavor). It also comes with a bonus: we only used half the sauce and used the rest on our crab cakes.
I love this potato salad, it's my favorite. It has a nice bite to it, and even my husband, who doesn't like mustard potato salad likes this one as well.
Wonderful potato salad ! I made it on the weekend for a family birthday party and it got rave reviews. It was very creamy..I think I put in too much mayo so I'll adjust that next time....but it was still yummy !