1/1 Photo of A1b Bacon Burger Bites on White Polenta Cakes #A1
1 hr 20 mins
Jodi Taffel's Note:
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. These little nibbles are sure to wow your guests The tangy bite of the A1 Sauce juxtaposed against the creaminess of the polenta cake will make you the hostess with the mosses!
My Private Note
mini bu ...
Units: US | Metric
FOR POLENTA CAKES
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup polenta
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1FOR POLENTA CAKES:.
- 2Combine milk, water, cayenne and salt in a saucepan over low heat and bring to a boil.
- 3Using a whisk, add the polenta. Once the polenta is combined, switch to a wooden spoon and stir frequently until the polenta has become thick and smooth. Stir in the goat cheese. Keep stirring until all the goat cheese is melted and blended in to the polenta.
- 4Line a 9x13 pan with plastic wrap. Pour the polenta into the pan, cover with more plastic wrap and smooth the surface. Chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- 5When ready to use, remove the polenta from the pan. Using a cookie cutter approximately the same size as the burgers (I used a shot glass), cut 16 polenta cake rounds. add about 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a sauté pan over medium heat, and cook the polenta cakes on both sides until golden brown.
- 6FOR BURGERS:.
- 7Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 8Put brown sugar in a shallow bowl or pie plate. Coat the bacon liberally on both sides with the brown sugar. Place bacon on a parchment lined baking sheet and cook in the oven 20 minutes or until bacon is crisp. When the bacon is cool enough to touch, crumble it and set it aside.
- 9Add any leftover brown sugar to a bowl with the ground turkey, A1 sauce, and black pepper. Gently mix until all the ingredients are combined.
- 10Form the turkey mixture into 16 balls, roughly the same size. Flatten the balls into mini burger shapes. Poke each burger a few times with a toothpick. (This releases air and ensures the burgers don't shrink too much).
- 11Pre-heat a non-stickskillet over medium-high heat. Cook the burgers in two batches, 2 minutes per side. During the last 30 seconds, place 1 cheddar cheese square on each burger and put a lid on the pan (to melt the cheese).
- 12Place 1 burger on each polenta cake and top with some crumbled bacon. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A1b Bacon Burger Bites on White Polenta Cakes #A1
Serving Size: 1 (1544 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.4
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.4 mg
- Sodium 960.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
A.1. Original Sauce