Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from a Mexican guy I met in America. This lives up to expectation, unlike other guacamole's I've tried. This is best eaten straight away but contrary to popular belief you can actually store this in the fridge for a couple of days. Put into a bowl and cover with a very thin layer of olive oil then put cling film over so that it touches the guacamole itself.
- 4 large ripe avocados
- 1⁄4 small onion, very finely chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, very finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vinegar from a jar pickled jalapeno peppers
- Mash everything together roughly and serve with plain or chilli flavoured tortilla chips. Better still, find my 'kick ass nacho' recipe and serve as part of that.
- The jalepeno vinegar is what makes this better than other guac's I think.
This worked well as a spread for chalupas. Even with jalapeno vinegar it was pleasantly mild & allowed for additional hot sauce at the table for those who wanted it. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for Spring 2010 Pick A Chef.
Oh yum! I really enjoyed the jalapeno vinegar! I usually buy jalapenos fresh and just slice and cover in a jar with cider vinegar(or white). This was great, thanks!