Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you run out of A1, here's a good clone. A-1 is a brand name steak sauce.
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon bottled grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons Heinz ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Heinz Chili Sauce
- Bring to a boil for 2 minutes stirring.
- Remove from heat.
- Allow to cool to lukewarm.
- Put mixture in a blender till it is pureed.
- Pour in bottle.
- Cap tightly and refrigerate to use within 90 days.
I agree wholeheartedly with ChefWantABe. This tastes NOTHING like A-1. No spicy kick, no saltiness, not even the deep brown color. I'd love to hear from those that gave this 5 stars and see what they did differently, if anything. I only gave this one star since it was so easy to fix.
I thought this sauce was very orange-y like and although it was good it didn't taste like A-1.I see how some of the points were reminiscent of A-1 it needed more of a savory/salty note.Would be a great sauce for dipping.The two stars is because it tasted good but lacked being of A-1..ness.
Way too much orange zest and no kick, But I did get the color and texture, If you have none of the ingredients handy just go out and buy a bottle, It would be cheaper !