Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My family loves these meatballs, AI gives alittle bit of a zing.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices bread, soaked in milk and squeezed out
- 1 (26 ounce) jar Prego spaghetti sauce (optional brand, I prefer this)
- Combine all ingredients, well.
- Bring a large pot to boiling, boil meatballs for 5 minutes.
- This will seal the juices inches.
- Broil meatballs until brown, about 10 minutes.
- Simmer in spaegetti sauce for at least l/2 hour.
Very good! The A1 did give a nice flavor to the meatballs. I became a bit confused at the cooking directions; it states to boil the meatballs but I did not see "water" as an ingredient, so I browned the meatballs in a dutch oven, stovetop, for about 10 minutes until browned, then added the sauce and simmered. I omitted the onion (family preference) and used Prego Meat Sauce. A quick and tasty weeknight meal; thanks for posting!