1/1 Photo of A1 Marinated Top Round With Bacon Parmesan Polenta #A1
Chef #1803019111's Note:
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. And what better way than with steak, marinated in my A.1. Original sauce marinade!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For Tomato Relish
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml cracked black pepper
- 473.18 ml milk
- 473.18 ml water
- 236.59 ml yellow cornmeal
- 14.79 ml salt
- 14.79 ml cracked black pepper
- 236.59 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated, plus more for garnish
- 29.58 ml butter, unsalted
- 4 slice bacon, crisp and chopped (for garnish)
- 1For Tomato Relish:.
- 2Add all the ingredients to a bowl and gently toss until incorporated. Set Aside.
- 3For Polenta:.
- 4In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the milk and water to a simmer.
- 5Slowly add the corn meal and whisk to combine. Once all of the corn meal has been incorporated, reduce the heat to low. Add salt and pepper. Stir vigorously until all of the liquid has been absorbed and the corn meal is tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 6Stir in the Parmesan cheese and butter.
- 7For Steak:.
- 8Put ½ cup A.1. Original Steak Sauce, 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar, 1 tablespoon Agave Nectar, 2 chopped scallions, 1 large sliced shallot, 1 tablespoon Tarragon. ½ teaspoon Hot Sauce and the 1 lb. Top Round Steak into a zip top bag and refrigerate overnight. Whenever you think about it, go to the fridge and give the bag a couple of squeezes and flip it to the other side. Remove from the fridge to come to room temperature an hour before cooking.
- 9When ready to cook, preheat oven to broil.
- 10Remove steak from the bag and lay on a piece of foil set on top of a baking sheet. Cook the steak on the top rack of the broiler (4-6 inches from the heat) for 5 minutes per side. Remove from the oven and cover with a foil tent to keep warm and let the juices re-distribute.
- 11Pour the remaining marinade in a saucepan, put on the stove over a medium heat, and reduce by half.
- 12To Plate:.
- 13Scoop about 1 cup of polenta onto each plate. Top with a little crumbled bacon and Parmesan Cheese. Thinly slice the steak on the bias and lay a few strips on top of the polenta. Spoon some of the marinade reduction over the top. Top with a spoonful of tomato relish.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A1 Marinated Top Round With Bacon Parmesan Polenta #A1
Serving Size: 1 (480 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 649.7
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 138.0 mg
- Sodium 2698.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 43.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
A.1. Original Sauce