Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. A1 Steak Sauce and Dijon create a delicate flavor for these en croute chicken thighs. This pocket of deliciousness on a bed of spinach cooked with Dijon and A1 Steak Sauce is a tasty and balanced meal.
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 6 cups spinach
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- Lay out 2 sheets of thawed puff pastry and divide each in half with a knife.
- In a small bowl mix 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard and 2 tablespoons of A1 sauce and coat the 4 chicken thighs with this mixture.
- Place the chicken thighs on each of the pastry sheets and wrap each to completely cover, pinching the seams as you go.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper seams side down and place in an oven preheated to 375 degrees for 35 minutes.
- While the chicken pockets are baking begin your spinach.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of A1 sauce and the other 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard in a small bowl and place in a hot skillet along with the 6 cups of spinach minus a few leaves for garnish and cook while stirring frequently until dark and moist. 6 or 7 minutes.
- To plate lay down a bed of spinach and place your chicken pocket on top. Garnish with some uncooked spinach and use the other tablespoon of A1 in a squirt bottle to decorate the rim of the plates.
This is Fantastic.....
I am ready to take a bite!
Wow this sounds delicious! Five stars!