Recipe by Old Magic1 Barfield
This is sweet A1 Applesauce using sugar substitute. You may use 1/2 cup of sugar for the sugar substitute.
- 5 golden delicious apples, older apples
- 3 granny smith apples, older apples
- 6 (1 g) packets sugar substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, core, and chop the apples into chunks.
- Place these in a covered microwave dish with just enough water to almost cover.
- Cook for about 10-12 minutes on HIGH setting or until mushy, stir every 4-5 minutes.
- You may need to cook a little longer if you are using fresh apples.
- Allow to cool and place in a blender set on pulse.
- When the right consistency is achieved add the sugar substitute, taste for sweetness (taste frequently- it's easy to make it too sweet).
- Yield: 6 cups.
- Notes:* As a rule of thumb use 1 large apple for 3/4 cup of sauce.
- **DO NOT add sweetener before cooking!
- If you want PINK sauce use Idared apples and leave the skins on.
- Remove the skins using a sieve just before serving.