Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Without even having tasted this salad, here is a guess about how to make it from its description.(After Carole in Orlando's commentary, the cinnamon amount has been changed)
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon light cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Plump the raisins in warm water until full.
- Grate the carrots, and add the raisins, drained well.
- Dust the carrot and raisin mix with the cinnamon and stir well.
- Mix the mayo, cream, garlic and sugar together.
- Put the dressing over the salad and stir well.
- Chill overnight and serve cold.
I enjoyed this carrot salad, but I did find (for my taste) the cinnamon a little strong. I will cut it back to 1/2 tsp next time. Thanks, Carole in Orlando