1/1 Photo of A Wheat Krispies Treat
Geniale Genie's Note:
Basically ooey-gooey Rice Krispies treats but using puffed wheat. Recipe has been adapted to be much lower in fat (you could probably do the same with Rice Krispies). Everything is done in the microwave. A great, quick dessert to make with the kids. It looks like there are a lot of steps, but that's just because I went into lots of details. Plan for at least 30 minutes of cooling time before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Measure out cereal; set aside.
- 2Line a 9x9 baking dish with wax paper or with greased plastic wrap. Prepare a second sheet for the top. Grease a wooden spoon.
- 3In a LARGE* microwavable bowl, melt butter - about 30 seconds.
- 4Turn the bowl in order to coat sides with melted butter.
- 5Add milk and vanilla; return to the microwave. Heat until marshmallows are huge and puffed-up (watch that they don't overflow) - about 2 or 3 minutes.
- 6With your greased spoon, stir until marshmallows are well mixed with butter, milk, and vanilla - there should be no lumps (it looks like marshmallow cream).
- 7Incorporate puffed wheat, making sure to coat all the cereal.
- 8Pour into prepared pan; cover with second piece of wax paper. Press FIRMLY into pan.
- 9Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- 10With the help of the paper, lift out and place on a cutting board or counter top; remove top layer of paper. Using a sharp, wet knife, cut into squares. If knife starts sticking, just re-wet it.
- 11Serve, making sure to remove any paper from the bottom.
- 12Keep refrigerated.
- 13* If you don't have a large enough microwavable bowl, you can put the puffed wheat into a regular bowl and pour the melted marshmallow over top. You will need a bowl containing at least 2 quarts to prevent marshmallows from spilling over.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Wheat Krispies Treat
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.9
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 24.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 1.2 g