Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Some nights you need a budget friendly, fast hearty meal that, when paired with a salad or vegetable, will keep the family from getting take out or heading for fast food. This is an easy meal with ingredients you likely may have in the pantry, paired with meat and fresh onions. This is a kid guarantee. In our house it is perfect on sports nights or when work goes late. This is from Pillsbury's Come & Eat magazine cookbook Summer 2002. Enjoy ChefDLH
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
- Add pasta sauce and water; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in macaroni from macaroni and cheese dinner mix. Return to a boil.
- Cover; cook over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until macaroni is tender and liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cheese powder packet from macaroni and cheese dinner mix; mix well.
- Stir in mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese; cover and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
What an easy recipe to prepare when your in a hurry. I did brown the beef with some onions and garlic adding about 1/4 tsp. italian seasoning then followed the rest of the instructions. Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
This was delicious, the only thing I did not do was to add the cheese powder..