Some nights you need a budget friendly, fast hearty meal that, when paired with a salad or vegetable, will keep the family from getting take out or heading for fast food. This is an easy meal with ingredients you likely may have in the pantry, paired with meat and fresh onions. This is a kid guarantee. In our house it is perfect on sports nights or when work goes late. This is from Pillsbury's Come & Eat magazine cookbook Summer 2002. Enjoy ChefDLH
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
- 2Add pasta sauce and water; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- 3Stir in macaroni from macaroni and cheese dinner mix. Return to a boil.
- 4Cover; cook over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until macaroni is tender and liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- 5Stir in cheese powder packet from macaroni and cheese dinner mix; mix well.
- 6Stir in mushrooms.
- 7Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese; cover and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Weeknight Macaroni and Cheese Goulash
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.9
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 94.4 mg
- Sodium 1019.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 37.0 g