Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A copycat Of the Papa Burger from A&W restaurant chain. I 'net scrounged it a long time ago.
- 1⁄4 lb ground chuck
- 1 large hamburger bun with sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons heinz hamburger relish (the red stuff)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped iceberg lettuce
- 2 slices pickles
- 1 slice American cheese
- salt and pepper
- Mix the mayonnaise with the relish to make the "secret sauce". Set aside for now.
- On waxed paper, form the 1/5 pound beef patty. It should be about 1/4 inch thick and 5 inches in diameter. Freeze at least an hour.
- Fire up the indoor electric grill, or outdoor barbecue. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for pre-heating.
- . Toast the buns by laying them face down on the grill for 30-60 seconds. (About :30 for outdoor barbecue, :60 for indoor.).
- Cook the frozen beef patty about 2 mnutes per side, (outdoor barbecue) or 3 minutes per side (indoor barbecue grill). Salt and pepper liberally on both sides.
- . Dress your toasted top buns (crown) in the following order:.
- special sauce pickles lettuce cheese.
- . Place the cooked beef patty on top of the dressed bun, and add the bottom. (heel).
- Microwave about 10 seconds to warm the bun, and serve.
- OR -- wrap in a 12"x12" sheet of foil, and warm in your oven (200°) 2-3 minutes--then serve.
- The SUPER Papa Burger.
- Proceed as above, except cook two beef patties per burger instead of one, placing the cheese in between the patties.
Good burger. I didn't make it so thin and freeze it - I was hungry, lol. Thanks for sharing. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.