1/1 Photo of A&w Papa Burger
A copycat Of the Papa Burger from A&W restaurant chain. I 'net scrounged it a long time ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the mayonnaise with the relish to make the "secret sauce". Set aside for now.
- 2On waxed paper, form the 1/5 pound beef patty. It should be about 1/4 inch thick and 5 inches in diameter. Freeze at least an hour.
- 3Fire up the indoor electric grill, or outdoor barbecue. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for pre-heating.
- 4. Toast the buns by laying them face down on the grill for 30-60 seconds. (About :30 for outdoor barbecue, :60 for indoor.).
- 5Cook the frozen beef patty about 2 mnutes per side, (outdoor barbecue) or 3 minutes per side (indoor barbecue grill). Salt and pepper liberally on both sides.
- 6. Dress your toasted top buns (crown) in the following order:.
- 7special sauce pickles lettuce cheese.
- 8. Place the cooked beef patty on top of the dressed bun, and add the bottom. (heel).
- 9Microwave about 10 seconds to warm the bun, and serve.
- 10OR -- wrap in a 12"x12" sheet of foil, and warm in your oven (200°) 2-3 minutes--then serve.
- 11The SUPER Papa Burger.
- 12Proceed as above, except cook two beef patties per burger instead of one, placing the cheese in between the patties.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A&w Papa Burger
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.0
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 91.1 mg
- Sodium 636.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 26.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: