Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
These bring back childhood memories for me.
- 1 cup tempura batter, McCormick Golden Dipt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup beer
- 1 white onion, extra large sliced 3/8-inch thick
- 6 cups vegetable oil, in your deep fryer
- Preheat the deep fryer to 375°F.
- Combine the tempura mix with the spices and liquid to make a.
- batter using a fork.
- There will be some small lumps; don't worry about those.
- Slice the onion, and separate all of the rings.
- Dip the individual rings in the batter, and drop into the preheated oil.
- Deep fry 3 to 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate, salt lightly, and serve hot.