Recipe by SLColman
Cooking time does not include chill time.
Top Review by rosie316
I made a batch of the syrup yesterday to take to our grandsons little league game (for the team), and I was planning to mix them there. Unfortunately, the storms made them cancel the game until this evening. So hubby and I made 1 glass portion and tested it. It was very good. I've never had an A&W Cream Soda (I always use to get their Root Beer Floats), so I don't really know if I can say it tastes correct or not, I can only say that we enjoyed it. I've still got the remainder of the syrup in my fridge, along with the soda water. I wish it specified how long you can refrigerate the syrup, hopefully it will still be okay by this evening (it has not been mixed with the soda water yet). Thank you for posting this recipe. I'm sure all the little guys on the team are going to love it. (Made for Name That Ingredient tag)
- 1 1⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kool-aid unsweetened lemonade mix
- 1 cup very hot water
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract, plus
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 cups cold soda water
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the sugar and Kool-Aid drink mix in hot water in small pitcher.
- Add corn syrup and vanilla extract. Stir well.
- Cover and chill syrup until cold.
- When the syrup is cold, pour 1/4 cup syrup into 1 cup cold soda water.
- Stir gently, add ice and serve.