Starfire (aka Wendy)'s Note:
There is nothing like an A&W Chili dog!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces hot dogs, beef (7 1/2-inch long)
- 1 hot dog roll
- 1 tablespoon white onion, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon mild cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- 1 lb ground chuck (A&W Coney Island Chili Dog Sauce)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried onion (minced)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground (heaping)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1In a 2 quart saucepan, brown the ground chuck, breaking into very.
- 2small pieces. Salt and pepper lightlywhile cooking. Do not drain.
- 3the fat. Add the remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, 30−45.
- 4minutes until it thickens. Stir occasionally.
- 5Allow to cool, cover,.
- 6and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 7Bring a 2 quart saucepan of water to a rolling boil. Remove the.
- 8saucepan from the heat, and add the desired number of frankfurters.
- 9to the water.
- 10Cover and let sit about 10 minutes. After the franks.
- 11are done, microwave the desired amount of chili dog sauce until.
- 13Then microwave each roll 10 seconds, just enough to warm.
- 14Remove the cooked franks with tongs, and place on the microwaved.
- 15hot dog roll.
- 16Add about 3 Tablespoons of your prepared sauce and.
- 17the chopped onion. Grated cheddar cheese is optional.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A & W Chili Dogs
Serving Size: 1 (1046 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1336.1
- Calories from Fat 552
- Total Fat 61.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 326.5 mg
- Sodium 5313.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 40.1 g
- Protein 109.3 g