Recipe by Elmotoo
This is so comforting & delicious! I forget where I found this originally & I probably altered it anyway. eta: I just remembered - this is my edited/altered/revised version of another Zaar recipe. I hope nobody is offended.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
Made for Recipe Swap #12, January 2008. I have never had Gnocchi before, but had always wanted to try it. I'm glad I made this recipe for my first try at gnocchi. I loved the spinach, bacon and chickn in this dish. I added some minced garlic and some red pepper flakes and ended up with a very enjoyable meal. Thanks, Elmotoo.
- 2 lbs potato gnocchi
- 8 ounces bacon, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups leeks, ends trimmed, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 ounces all-purpose flour
- 3 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 3 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded (about 2)
- 12 ounces baby spinach leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Set aside.
- Sauté bacon until crisp. Set aside.
- Sauté leeks in bacon fat.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter. Over medium heat, whisk in flour. Whisk in milk, stirring constantly until boiling. Add cheeses & stir until melted.
- In large bowl, combine all components & stir well, adding spinach last.