Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very quick and very delicious.
Make and share this A Very Simple Sweet Potato (Or Yam) recipe from Food.com.
- Wash potato thoroughly; cut off any dark marks on the skin and cut about a quarter inch into it completely around it lengthwise.
- Microwave for approximately 10 minutes on high or until fork tender.
- Remove to a microwaveable dish, slice it in half through the cut made earlier, score the inside meat.
- Drizzle the honey over the inside, spread 1 teaspoon on each side and spread 1 teaspoon of butter on each side. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place back in microwave and cook for 30 seconds.
I made this recipe on 10/30/13. I've had mashed and boiled potatoes.But never cooked in a microwave,so this intrigued me. But,this was a very nice change of pace way to make sweet potatoes. The recipe was followed as written,but my potato was small and the 10 minutes made it even smaller( NOTE TO SELF: shorten cooking time if using smaller potatoes :) )Thank you for a very good recipe. " Keep Smiling :) "
i followed this exactly and i even put some marshmallows on it like at texas roadhouse! my family loveed it!! The honey was a nice touch to it
I made this for the DM using a smallish sweet potato which was cook in 7 minutes in a 900W microwave oven then I completed the halving of the potato and scored but then put the butter then the honey on and didn't worry about putting it back in the oven and the DM thoroughly enjoyed, something I'm sure I will make again for it is just so simple but with lovely flavours. Thank you Derf, made for All You Can Cook Buffet tag game special.