Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe has a lot of sweetness and spice, so if you're looking for a classic BBQ sauce that's easy to make, look no further. It is very popular with users of 'ceramic' type smokers and grilles, (i.e. Primos, Kamado, Big Green Eggs, etc.).
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- In a blender, combine brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, water and Worcestershire sauce. Season with mustard, paprika, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Blend until smooth.
- This will fill a 32-ounce ketchup bottle exactly. Cut back on the brown sugar to make it less sweet, or add more Worcestershire sauce for more 'steak sauce' appeal.