Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
An unusual combination of ingredients make a nice change as Antony Worrall Thompson shares his recipe for a sublime open sandwich, piled high with smoked salmon, crispy bacon, cream cheese and more!
- 2 slices whole meal bread
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons red onions, diced
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, sliced
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney, blended to a paste
- 4 slices streaky bacon, cooked until crispy
- 1 teaspoon small caper, drained
- 1 teaspoon chives, snipped
- fresh ground black pepper
- Spread both slices of bread with the cream cheese, scatter each slice with red onion then lay smoked salmon on top and drizzle with mango chutney.
- Top this with the crispy bacon and capers.
- Finish with a scattering of snipped chives and season well.
One of the best open sandwiches I have had just loved the whole lot though would like to try it toasting the bread otherwise would not make any changes whatsoever thank you English_Rose, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.
What a great sandwich. I adored all the flavors and textures in this treat. The mango chutney was a real nice addition. I will be making these again often. Thanks for sharing :)
Made this for lunch, and let me tell you, if I could, I could eat this everyday. Happened to have chutney that needed using up, and had everything else on hand too. The bacon and shaved smoked salmon coupled with the onion and cream cheese and chives just make an absolute terrific sandwich! I can see that you can also serve this on toast points and maybe the addition of cucumber too. Thanks so much English Rose! ZWT3 07'