Perfect for summertime-cool and refreshing. Important to use the freshest ingredients! From Domino Magazine, June 2006.
- *NOTE: If the cucumbers are organic, or at least not waxed, peeling them is optional.
- In a small saucepan on medium heat, warm the vinegar and sugar together until the sugar dissolves.
- Set liquid aside to cool.
- Chop the dill.
- Slice the cucumber very thinly and arrange in layers on a shallow, non-reactive platter with sloped edges.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and garnish with the fresh dill.
- Pour the dressing over the cucumbers.
- Let marinate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Yield is estimated.
Well, slap me with the fresh dill, this is so dang-gone-good, you will, and want, and very happily too, eat the whole dog-gone thing yourself. Be prepared to make two ~ one for the dining room table, when you seat your family, and make one you can hide for the back of the fridge, to nibble on at your leisure. So easy, and what a presentation! Made no changes. No need to. Perfect on a fork. Thx!
Like a plate of fresh raw pickles!! These were very good and I enjoyed the fresh dill. I wouldn't eat this as a salad though because of the sugar content...more as an accompaniment like....well pickles. Made for Veg*n Swap 34!!