Perfect for summertime-cool and refreshing. Important to use the freshest ingredients! From Domino Magazine, June 2006.
- *NOTE: If the cucumbers are organic, or at least not waxed, peeling them is optional.
- In a small saucepan on medium heat, warm the vinegar and sugar together until the sugar dissolves.
- Set liquid aside to cool.
- Chop the dill.
- Slice the cucumber very thinly and arrange in layers on a shallow, non-reactive platter with sloped edges.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and garnish with the fresh dill.
- Pour the dressing over the cucumbers.
- Let marinate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Yield is estimated.