Recipe by shelshel0110
I don't like ricotta cheese, so I never liked traditional white pizza. But, my mom used to make a different kind of white pizza without ricotta. It's a completely different flavor. I usually don't measure and go by eye, so the measurements below are not exact.
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, stems removed
- 1 prepared pizza crust (I get these premade so I don't have to mess with dough.)
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese, grated (Parmesan will work too)
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup provolone cheese, shredded (You can use 1 cup of either mozzarella or provolone if you prefer, but I like it better with both.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 450°F.
- In a small pot, begin to cook the chopped onion in the olive oil over medium heat. Cook slowly, you don't want the onions to brown.
- When the onions are about 1/2 way cooked, add the garlic and rosemary. Continue cooking until the onions are soft.
- Spread the onion mixture over the top of your pizza shell.
- Salt and pepper your pizza.
- Spread the Romano (or Parmesan) cheese first followed by the mozzarella and provolone.
- Bake for about 15 minutes - until the cheese is melted, bubbling, and starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and cut into 8 pieces.