Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is like a cross between a cake and a baked custard - could be used to fill a pie shell !!
- 125 g soft butter
- 200 g caster sugar
- 185 g self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cornflour or 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin, pack cup well
- 1 cup coconut milk, I use light
- Heat oven to 180 C.
- Cream butter and sugar in bowl till fluffy.
- Add mashed pumpkin, stir well.
- Add sifted flours, stir well.
- Fold in coconut milk.
- Pour into greased 20 cm cake tin.
- Cook 60 minutes till set - may need longer.
- Slices better on second day !
I love anything pumpkin. This is really a nice treat! Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7 for the Vivacious Violets.
This has potential but the coconut milk is overpowered by the butter flavor. I think I would sub evaporated milk for the coconut, and add some pumpkin pie spices, such as nutmeg or ginger to give it some added zing. It IS a cross between a cake and a custard as stated. Soft in the center and a bit crunchy about the edges and top. Because of the amount of butter, I would only make this as a special treat, but may try again for the holidays, with the spices as mentioned. Made for ZWT 7.