Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
One day we were out of eggs (and I was too lazy to go to the store), so I just threw some ingredients together and, wishing for the best, baked some cookies. They're baked in Madeleine pans because I couldn't find a cookie sheet, but they're still really delicious. Perfect for snacking on, just make sure they're not burnt.
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup butter (good if you melt it first)
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup irish oatmeal
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Mix together the brown sugar and butter.
- Add the almond extract, cinnamon, and oatmeal, and mix well.
- Add the flour.
- Completely mix all the ingredients.
- Chill the dough slightly.
- Put the dough into the madeleine pans, so that the cookies are not sticking up out of the molds.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Let them cool and then sprinkle them with powdered sugar.