Recipe by Lottidawe
I am a a stickler for using fresh ingredients so when my boyfriend from 5 years ago made this up for the first time I cringed! Pardon me for saying so, but if I hadn't have been living with him I never would have eaten it! Hahahaha!!!! The boyfriend is long gone but this is the only salsa I'll eat! If you aren't used to cilantro it may take a few minutes to grow on you - it did me. Give it a chance though. It is seriously yummy!!
- 32 ounces Hunts tomato sauce (I tried other brands and stick to Hunts.)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic granules (But DO NOT try any other form of garlic; not powder, or the kind with salt mixed in called granula)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 small onion, diced or minced
- fresh cilantro, rinsed and chopped