Recipe by akida29
I actually dislike cooking, but if the recipe is easy enough, I'll make it....this personal adaptation of a "Pol Martin" recipe is so good, and easy, I actually enjoy making it!! The "twist" comes from the addition of the lemon juice.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4-1 lb mixed mushrooms, thickly sliced (personal preference)
- 2 -3 celery ribs, diced small
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 5 -8 cups chicken stock (personal preference)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large pot over medium heat.
- When hot, add onions and celery.
- Cover and cook 3 minutes over low heat.
- Add sliced mushrooms and seasonings to the pot, mix well, then add lemon juice.
- Cover and cook for 6 minutes over medium heat.
- Mix in flour until well incorporated.
- Cook 2 minutes over low heat, uncovered.
- Pour in chicken stock and mix well.
- Cook soup, partly covered, over low heat for 30 minutes.