The quintessential Texan feel-good comfort casserole. From a friend who used to own a well-known catering business in Humble, Texas. This is the best! You can make this LOW-CARB by substituting R.W. Garcia Low-Carb Tortilla Chips (or other kind) for the Tostitos.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup medium heat salsa (I use Pace)
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk or 5 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 1 lb shredded colby-monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 (5 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 1 (12 ounce) bagtostitos gold yellow corn chips
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Take 1/2 the bag of chips and layer them on the bottom of a greased 13" x 9" x 2" casserole dish. Then place shredded chicken atop the layer of chips. Layer half of the cheese on top of the chicken.
- In a separate bowl, prepare sauce. Combine salsa, sour cream, cream of chicken, evaporated milk (or heavy cream), and olives and mix well. Pour over casserole, then add the remaining cheese on top. Cook for 1 hour, or until the top is brown and bubbly. Check it when there is about 15 minutes left--you may want to cover with foil for remainder of cook time.