Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a good stuffed tomato salad with artichokes and shrimp. It can be made ahead and makes a pretty presentation.
- 2 cups canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped, with tops
- 1 cup mayonnaise, Hellman's
- 8 tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked shrimp, shelled, deveined
- 12 slices bacon, cooked
- Combine artichoke hearts with celery, green onions, and mayonnaise.
- Just before serving, add shrimp to stuffing.
- Peel and scoop out 8 tomatoes; stuff with mixture. Place on lettuce. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon on top.
This is good! I make a single serving and add mushrooms to the mix. I like to serve with crackers on the side.
A tomato stuffed w/this cannot be easier-to-fix artichoke/shrimp mix is very well-stuffed indeed! I made a half recipe for 2 of us using Icelandic baby shrimp & Italian antipasto-style hearts in olive oil w/herbs. The amt of mayo seemed excessive, but was perfect. All the flavors & textures work together here & the bacon adds an esp nice touch. My grocer was uncooperative w/lettuce I did not like the look of + tomatoes too sml to be ideal, but I got the tomatoes & then got creative. This is *so good* & is yet another dish of yours that I will soon serve to guests. Thx for sharing the recipe w/us. :-)
With a few adjustments these turned out very good! thanks lazyme!...Kitten:)