1/2 Photos of A to Z Vegetable Soup
This is a tasty soup and kids seem to love the alphabet pasta. I got the recipe from a a cookbook called Yuletide on Hilton Head.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Italian herb seasoning (I used approx. 1 tbsp.)
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with juice
- 4 cups canned beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup alphabet pasta
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1In a large soup pot, cook onion and garlic over medium heat until onion is golden, about 8 minutes.
- 2Add seasoning and cook, while stirring, for one minute.
- 3Squish the tomatoes through your hands as you add them to the pot.
- 4Add beef broth and water and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- 6Add vegetables and alphabet pasta.
- 7Simmer, uncovered, over medium heat until they are both tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 8Season soup with pepper and salt and stir in the parsley.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A to Z Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.4
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 582.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian herb seasoning