Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the cookbook Allrecipes Tried & True Cookies. I've tried various kinds of chips in these, but like the semisweet chocolate best.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup corn flakes cereal, crumbled
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Sift together flour, soda, salt, and spices; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in milk and vanilla.
- Gradually mix in the sifted ingredients until well blended.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the cornflakes, oats, coconut, chocolate chips, and walnuts.
- Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets; flatten slightly.
- Bake 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees -- do not overbake!
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.