1 hr 30 mins
Make bread with your own combination of flavors! Recipe from "Grace in the Kitchen" cookbook (Grace Episcopal Church, Bainbridge Island, WA) and "Sharing Our Best" (Salvation Army, San Francisco, CA).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325. Grease 2 loaf pans well.
- 2Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon (if using). Set aside.
- 3Beat eggs in large bowl. Add oil, sugar, and vanilla; cream well.
- 4Add 2 cups total of A to Z ingredient(s), except as indicated. Beat well.
- 5A to Z ingredients: * Apples, grated * Applesauce * Apricots (fresh or canned), chopped * Bananas, mashed * Carrots, grated * Cherries, pitted and chopped * Coconut, fresh, grated * Dates, pitted and finely chopped * Eggplant, grated * Figs, finely chopped * Grapes, seedless * Honey (omit sugar) * Lemon juice (use only 1/2 cup) * Marmalade (omit 1 cup sugar) * Mincemeat * Oranges, chopped * Pears, chopped * Peppermint (use only 1/2 cup) * Pineapple, crushed, well drained * Prunes, chopped (use only 1 cup) * Pumpkin, canned * Raisins * Raspberries * Rhubarb, finely chopped * Strawberries, fresh (or frozen, well drained) * Sweet potato, grated * Tapioca, cooked * Tomatoes (use only 1/2 cup sugar) * Yams, cooked, mashed * Yogurt, plain or flavored * Zucchini, grated, well drained.
- 6Stir in sifted dry ingredients; mix well. Stir in nuts (if using).
- 7Pour into pans. Bake for 1 hour, until skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes, then turn out on cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A to Z Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2546.6
- Calories from Fat 1061
- Total Fat 117.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 279.0 mg
- Sodium 1995.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 344.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 201.2 g
- Protein 28.7 g