Recipe by Jetjouster
Straight from Sam's Seafood Grill. The Texas 1015 Onion is used in this rendition to bring to life an old classic.
- 1 medium onion, sliced 1/2-inch thick (Texas 1015)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons roasted garlic, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 32 ounces mushroom stock
- 1⁄3 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Kitchen Bouquet
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper, finely ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, coursely ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chipotle pepper, finely ground
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 slices garlic toast, crispy
- 8 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 slices swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- Heat oil over medium heat, add onions, garlic and saute until soft. Adding peppers along the way. About 10 minutes.
- Stir in worcestershire, balsamic vinegar and Kitchen Bouquet, mix well.
- Heat to medium high and deglaze with chardonnay. Saute about 10-15 minutes and reduce by one third.
- Add broth. Saute about 10-15 minutes and reduce by one third.
- While reducing, place one piece of toast in the bottom of a cup and 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese.
- Next, ladel in onion soup (holding about 4 tablespoons back) and place one slice of toast on top of each cup, top with 1 teaspoon of parmesan cheese and top with swiss cheese.
- Place in oven and bake for 3-5 minutes, or set to broil and finish.
- Remove and spoon in a small amount of soup on top and serve.