I love using my crock pot for those nights when I know I won't have time to make dinner, but I want to have dinner ready when someone walks through the door! When I made of this recipe, it just reminded me of Fall, thus the name!
- Place potatoes, apples, onions and carrots on bottom of crock pot.
- Cut pork up into large bite size pieces (don't cut pieces too small or pork will dry up).
- Place pork on top of vegetables.
- Pour chicken broth on top of pork.
- Sprinkle spices on top of pork.
- No need to stir!
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 8 hours.
Very good and fall-like. I would decrease the cloves by half (personal preference) but otherwise it was great. Pork came out tender and the veggies were perfectly cooked, not mushy at all. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
I really thought we would like this pork stew. But it was not a success. The veggies had a great taste. But the pork was dry even though I cut large cubes and I cooked it 6 hours at low. Thanks landlocked for posting this recipe. Made for cookbook tag game
made this for dinner last night. it was a little bland maybe because dh can not stand cloves so i left them out will try adding more garlic and maybe a sprinkle of ginger for a little kick next time i make it. i have a old round crock pot and it did not hold all the ingredients i guess i will be investing in a new oval one soon. thanks for posting this recipe we enjoyed it with some honey corn muffins.