Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I love using my crock pot for those nights when I know I won't have time to make dinner, but I want to have dinner ready when someone walks through the door! When I made of this recipe, it just reminded me of Fall, thus the name!
- 907.18 g pork tenderloin, medallions
- 6 medium potatoes, quartered
- 2 apples, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 453.59 g baby carrots
- 396.89 g can chicken broth
- 4.92 ml thyme
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 2.46 ml ground mustard
- 4.92 ml salt (to taste)
- 2.46 ml pepper
- Place potatoes, apples, onions and carrots on bottom of crock pot.
- Cut pork up into large bite size pieces (don't cut pieces too small or pork will dry up).
- Place pork on top of vegetables.
- Pour chicken broth on top of pork.
- Sprinkle spices on top of pork.
- No need to stir!
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 8 hours.
I really thought we would like this pork stew. But it was not a success. The veggies had a great taste. But the pork was dry even though I cut large cubes and I cooked it 6 hours at low. Thanks landlocked for posting this recipe. Made for cookbook tag game
Very good and fall-like. I would decrease the cloves by half (personal preference) but otherwise it was great. Pork came out tender and the veggies were perfectly cooked, not mushy at all. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
Sorry to say that this was just alright. I don't know if it was just my veggies, but they tasted bland, as if they didn't soak up any of the flavor, and the rest tasted really odd. The pork just sat on top and didn't get any of the juice, as instructed in the recipe, so it predictably came out dry.