Recipe by landlocked #2
I love using my crock pot for those nights when I know I won't have time to make dinner, but I want to have dinner ready when someone walks through the door! When I made of this recipe, it just reminded me of Fall, thus the name!
Top Review by Boomette
I really thought we would like this pork stew. But it was not a success. The veggies had a great taste. But the pork was dry even though I cut large cubes and I cooked it 6 hours at low. Thanks landlocked for posting this recipe. Made for cookbook tag game
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin, medallions
- 6 medium potatoes, quartered
- 2 apples, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes, apples, onions and carrots on bottom of crock pot.
- Cut pork up into large bite size pieces (don't cut pieces too small or pork will dry up).
- Place pork on top of vegetables.
- Pour chicken broth on top of pork.
- Sprinkle spices on top of pork.
- No need to stir!
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 8 hours.