Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
After reading a lot of information on "super foods" I came up with this super salad. It is high in vitamins, antioxidants, and has a combination of healthy carbs and proteins...it is so filling! I cook the beets in one of the new microwave steam bags (they are my new best friend). I let them cool in the bag, and then rub the peels right off. Use the same directions on the bag for potatoes for cooking time.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 (8 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 red beets, cooked, cooled and sliced
- 3 golden beets, cooked, cooled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- Combine the above in a large bowl.
- Serve and enjoy!