1 hr 20 mins
Feast Your Eyes!'s Note:
Fresh melons of all varieties are a a summertime favorite in our home. So many palate-pleasing adjectives come to mind when you think of a perfectly ripened melon: JUICY, SWEET, FRUITY AROMA, COOL, REFRESHING. Melon salads, like this ginger lime melon medley, make a refreshing snack, or a pleasing side dish to a light meal. As long as there are melons in the grocery store, you'll find this tangy-sweet fruit salad in my frig. Enjoy your summer, and all of nature's bounty it has to offer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups casaba honeydew melon
- 2 cups crenshaw melon
- 2 cups watermelon
- 2 cups cantaloupe (Melon Balls or Cubed)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger (Minced)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- sparkling white wine (optional)
- 1 cup slivered toasted almond (Garnish) (optional)
- fresh mint leaves (Garnish) (optional)
- 1Begin by making sure your melons are ripe.
- 2Peel, seed and cube the melons into bite size chunks, or use a melon baller; place in a large bowl.
- 3Add brown sugar, ginger, lime juice, lime zest; gently toss.
- 4Cover and chill at least one hour for best flavor.
- 5To serve: Toss before placing melon in dessert dishes. If desired, fill dishes with very cold sparkling white wine and garnish with mint leaves and toasted almonds.
- 6Cook's Tip: (1) Choose melons that are free of cuts, dents and bruises. (2) Store uncut melons in a cool place. Cut fruit should be refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Melons Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Summertime Melon Medley
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: