Recipe by J. Gino G.
A refreshing salad that is great in the summertime . It is easy to make and goes well with any summertime menu.
- 1 1⁄2 cups thin sliced radishes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced onion (thin, You can use red ones)
- 1 cup sliced cucumber (thin)
- 2 roma tomatoes, quardered
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped dill (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss sliced radishes with salt; let stand a few minutes. Drain liquid.
- Transfer radishes to a large bowl adding onions, tomatoes and cucumber slices.
- Blend together oil, vinegar, garlic and pour over vegetables. ( You can use Italian Dressing instead).
- Toss to cover . Cover, and place in refrigerator for about 1 hour before serving.
- Place on lettuce bed for an attractive salad. This salad is a great picnic item and goes well with most picnic menu.
- You can garnish with dill. I like to shave carrots to place on top.