Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a really easy recipe! Make this right before you serve it so it will retain it's crunch and not get soggy. You will love all the great flavors and textures. Adapted from Chef Tal Ronnen's The Conscious Cook.
- 118.29 ml green beans, cut into one inch pieces
- 5 radishes, finely diced
- agave nectar (or light honey)
- 0 English cucumber, finely diced
- 2 ear sweet corn, kernels cut off (raw)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 236.59 ml baby arugula
- 1 shallot, minced (or use red onion or scallions)
- 4.92 ml fresh basil, minced
- 4.92 ml fresh oregano, minced
- 4.92 ml fresh lemon juice
- 14.79 ml agave nectar (or light honey)
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Blanch the green beans in boiling water for 30-60 seconds, then chill in an ice water bath. In the same boiling water, blanch the radishes 20 seconds, then chill in an ice water bath sweetened with a touch of agave nectar.
- Place all of the ingredients except for the vinaigrette and lemon juice in a large bowl. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss to coat. Sprinkle the lemon juice on top just before serving . Enjoy!
- Place the vinegar and agave nectar in a small bowl, then whisk constantly while slowly pouring in the oil in a thin stream.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This is a wonderful summer salad and easy to make too. Love the addition of corn and beans (though I do have to admit to using canned) it was fresh and filling. The next day we added chicken to the left overs and had a wonderful light dinner with an added bread roll. Made for My 3-chefs" 2012