Recipe by Aggiezoey
Simple ingredients that you have on hand make a yummy snack or lunch that will satisfy your cream cheese craving and provide you with a healthy mix of veggies! I make two and take them as lunch.
Top Review by Happy Harry #2
These made a great lunch yesterday...especially in the heat wave we are having. I tweaked this recipe just a little bit..cut the cucumbers into matchstick pieces, and put a good pinch of curry into the cream cheese before smearing on tortilla. I can really see lots of combinations for this. Thanks for a yummy lunch. This will go into my Make Again cookbook.
- 1 tortilla, shell taco size works best
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 4 -6 slices cucumbers (sliced thin)
- 3 -5 slices red peppers (sliced thin)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the shell in the microwave for 8-10 seconds just to soften it a bit (I keep my shells in the refrigerator and pull one or two out at a time). Also, taco size does work best - I've used the bigger shells, but they are harder to hold and the veggies tend to fall out.
- Spread cream cheese onto the tortilla shell (use more of less depending on your taste). I use neufchatel cheese instead because it has less fat and I think it taste better and spreads better than regular cream cheese. I don't like the texture of the spreadable cream cheese in the tub.
- Place cucumber slices and red pepper slices on top of the cream cheese. The number of slices depends on what you like and how big the veggies are. Also, I tend to always use red peppers for this -- green just doesn't have the right flavor. Yellow is ok, but red just taste better with the ingredients.
- Lightly salt and pepper.
- Roll up. If your tortilla doesn't want to stay rolled up, spread a little cream cheese on the outer edge and press.
- I wrap these up individually and take them for lunch. A yummy and healthy lunch.
- For a change of pace, add some lettuce or other veggie favorites.