1/3 Photos of A Smoked Beef Brisket With Rub and a Texas BBQ Sauce
The flavors in the rub are oil soluble and the oil helps penetrate the meat. So does the salt, so don't leave it out. Soaked mesquite, pecan or oak: (Using you favorite remember mesquite is strong) This recipe make a lot of BBQ sauce! Chipotles in Adobo BBQ Sauce The leftover brisket can be shredded placed in a crock pot over sliced onions and top with sauce to coat. Slow cook on low for a couple hours. Yummo!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 -10 lbs trimmed beef brisket (leaving 1/4 inch fat trim washed and dried)
- 3 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- vegetable oil
Beer Mopping Sauce
- 12 ounces beer
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Texas BBQ Sauce
- 2Mix rub the ingredients together in a mortar and pestle grinding till nicely combined but leaving some nice pieces of pepper and salt.
- 3Lightly oil the meat with vegetable oil.
- 4Spread the rub generously on beef brisket. Let it marinate on the meet overnight. Bring brisket to room temperature for 30 minutes before putting in the smoker.
- 5Beer Mop Sauce:.
- 6Mix ingredients in a pot and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 7Fire up the smoker:.
- 8Start up the smoker with your favorite wood.
- 9Add water in the bottom which helps keep meat moist.
- 10Place brisket in a 225 degree prepared smoker fat side down. Mop a nice amount of the mop sauce on and smoke for 1 hour.
- 11Flip the brisket carefully not piercing the meat. Mop with more sauce.
- 12After that, turn the brisket about every two hours and mop it every time you turn it." Keeping it moist.
- 13It`ll be done when you give it a taste test. The outside of the meat will look charred. Don't worry. It's supposed to look that way.
- 14There should be a pretty smoke ring. This could take anywhere from 6-12 hours. Repeat the mopping and flipping until the brisket reaches 180 degrees for slicing or 195 degrees for pulling and remove from smoker.
- 15It which point you can let rest before cooking or wrap it tightly in a foil pan with the heat off for 3-4 hours as it father tenderizes.
- 16BBQ Sauce:.
- 17Mix all ingredients in a pot and simmer till nice a thick about 1 hour. Can be made the day before.
- 18Slice the brisket thick and against the grain if it is fairly tender or if it is a little tough slice it against the grain only in thinner slices. Serve with BBQ Sauce or make pulled beef mixed with the BBQ sauce.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Smoked Beef Brisket With Rub and a Texas BBQ Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.5
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 124.6 mg
- Sodium 1664.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 27.4 g
- Protein 39.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: