Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
What could be better than Thanksgiving in a bowl? My husband loves this hearty meal. Substitute turkey for chicken if you'd like.
- 5 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup instant seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) jar turkey gravy
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 0.5 (16 ounce) can cranberry sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- Toss together 2 1/2 cups dry bread cubes and 2 tablespoons instant stuffing mix; set aside. Combine the remaining bread cubes, instant stuffing mix, mushrooms, onion, celery, olive oil, poultry seasoning, sage, pepper, gravy, condensed soup, and cranberry sauce in a large bowl.
- Place the reserved bread crumb and stuffin mix into the bottom of the slow cooker. Add the chicken and top with the vegetables, bread, and gravy mixture. Cover, cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours. Enjoy!