Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Well, although i'm a vegetarian i still love cooking for others who eat meat :) my parents loved this, so try it out if you like something chinese (except for the fried egg hich is a bit western hehe) and of course, something thats easy to cook :) I can't describe the directions exactly, eg. how to slice the ingredients and how thick/thin etc, so please use my picture as a guide if you want. Please use a gluten-free soy sauce to make this recipe suitable to a GF diet
- 2 cups white rice, boiled
- 1⁄2 cup green lentil, boiled
- 1 1⁄2 cups green beans, sliced
- 1 small potato, sliced (edium thick)
- 1 egg, fried sunny side up
- 1 garlic, chopped
- 1 small dried chili
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- vegetable oil, as needed
- water, as needed
- 1 slice cooked beef (optional) or 1 slice steak, for decoration (optional)
- 1 tablespoon goji berry (optional)
- Wash and drain lentils and rice, then boil them together until its finished cooking.
- Before cooking the vegetables fry up the egg (sunny side up) and season with pepper and salt.
- Put some vegetable oil in the pan and let it heat up. then add potatoes and beans, the chilli, and some water (approx 1/2 cup) and let it cook for about 10 minutes with a lid on.
- NOTE: keep checking whether it's softened or not and keep stirring after every 4-5 minutes or so.
- Add the seasoning: the soy sauce and some salt (as much as desired).
- After setting everything on the plate, put some goji berries (or any other dried berries/fruit) on the rice, as well as 1 or 2 small slices of meat (any cooked meat) on top. (the last bit is optional if you want it totally vegetarian).
- You're done!