Recipe by TooAllergic
This cookie is made without flour and without sweetened condensed milk. Light and chewy. I prefer using unsweetened coconut, but sweetened is fine. This was my Grandmother's recipe... probably from Better Homes and Gardens. They are flat, not the traditional mounded cookie. Perfect for dipping!
Directions See How It's Made
- Whip the egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Add the sugar, salt and vanilla with beater/mixer running at medium speed.
- Stop mixer and fold coconut into whites by hand.
- Drop by the teaspoon-full onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 F for 12-15 minutes.