Recipe by **Jubes**
Use quality fresh ingredients for this salad
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
This is a delightful salad with a wonderful blend of flavors. I made this for the Make Mine Vegan Challenge for ZWT9. To make it vegan I made a feta cheese substitute according to a recipe I found on happyherbivore.com. I layered the ingredients rather than mixing them but otherwise prepared the salad exactly as written.
- 4 medium vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 1 large red onion
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 4 ounces feta cheese, use Greek feta if available (100grams)
- 12 black olives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- sea salt
- 1 pinch dried oregano, extra to sprinkle over salad
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the tomatoes, onion and cucumber. Combine.
- Sprinkle over the 1 tablespoon of oregano and pour over the olive oil. Add the capers. Toss the salad lightly.
- Just prior to serving sprinkle cubed feta cheese and olives over the top of the salad. Sprinkle with some extra dried oregano and sea salt if desired.
- You can drizzle over some extra olive oil if desired.