Recipe by Gerry sans Sanddunes
"Tourist Thai", but very tasty - and not a skewer in sight! The prep time includes the minutes the chicken has spent swimming in the marinade. I found this in a 1980's Harrowsmith Cookbook, and do it on occasion with chicken breasts.
Top Review by BLUE ROSE
The flavor is amazing.
For this recipe I chose to add pinapple instaed of lemon and cook this on top of the stove.
All you need is steamed vege's, rice and you have a perfect meal on a week night in no time at all.
This recipe turns out to be a family favorite of ours.
Will try to make this in the stove the next time.
Thanks for posting.
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup soya sauce
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 chicken, cut up
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients, except chicken, until smooth.
- Marinate chicken pieces in the mixture for at least 2 hours-- I usually cover and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Uncover and bake at 350*F for 30 to 45 minutes, basting every now and then.
- Serves 4.