Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple and sublime...what could be better? I have made curry for 40+ years with much effort, love, and personal satisfaction, but when I tried this in-a-pinch mixture I realized I was over-thinking the recipe. This has a "drive you crazy" taste and your peeps will think you spent forever prepping and cooking. Shhhhh, we won't tell :)
- Sauté the finely chopped onion and 2 tablespoons butter. When onion has lightly browned, add condensed mushroom soup and curry powder (mixed to paste).I use double that amount and use a mild heat version as I am not a "heat" lover (Spice Islands).
- Add shrimp, If you like sweet things in your curry add seedless raisins. Heat thoroughly untill shrimp are pink and no longer opaque. Do not overcook.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in sour cream, a few drops of lemon juice, and a dash of tabasco.
- Serve over your favorite hot rice.
- notation: I usually double the mixture but not the shrimp because I believe "it's all about the sauce" ENJOY! :).