Recipe by Chef Lanibobonnie
Simple and sublime...what could be better? I have made curry for 40+ years with much effort, love, and personal satisfaction, but when I tried this in-a-pinch mixture I realized I was over-thinking the recipe. This has a "drive you crazy" taste and your peeps will think you spent forever prepping and cooking. Shhhhh, we won't tell :)
Top Tweak by vspack
This can be so much better (if you don't mind me saying) by making the following changes- Use cream of shrimp soup instead of mushroom (you can buy it on Amazon). Saute 1-2 cloves of chopped garlic with the onions. Add 1 can of coconut milk with the can of soup. Increase curry powder to 2-1/2 tsp. Increase raisins to 1/3 cup. And for those who like heat, as I do, add some sambal ooleek (garlic chili sauce) at the very end. So good!
- 1 lb uncooked frozen 31/40 tail-off shrimp
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup seedless raisin (optional)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- lemon juice, to season
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté the finely chopped onion and 2 tablespoons butter. When onion has lightly browned, add condensed mushroom soup and curry powder (mixed to paste).I use double that amount and use a mild heat version as I am not a "heat" lover (Spice Islands).
- Add shrimp, If you like sweet things in your curry add seedless raisins. Heat thoroughly untill shrimp are pink and no longer opaque. Do not overcook.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in sour cream, a few drops of lemon juice, and a dash of tabasco.
- Serve over your favorite hot rice.
- notation: I usually double the mixture but not the shrimp because I believe "it's all about the sauce" ENJOY! :).