Recipe by evelyn/athens
A delicious, slightly sweet salad.
Top Review by Geema
The dressing is perfect for this salad, offsetting the slight bitterness of the arugula and the tartness of the little tomatoes. It does indeed make enough for 4 large salad portions. While I love sesame seeds, I'm not sure they really added a whole lot to the salad. So, for all you cooks who might want to make this recipe and don't have the sesame seeds on hand, you can certainly enjoy this nice salad without them... in my opinion.
- 20 ounces arugula, picked through, rinsed and spun dry
- 16 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (toast in small skillet for 5-6 minutes, until golden and fragrant)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey (if you have greek thyme honey you're set!)
- 1⁄3 teaspoon coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the arugula and cherry tomato halves into a large bowl.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients until emulsified and dress the salad.
- Toss well to coat and distribute amongst 4 salad plates.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over top.