Recipe by KitchenManiac
Tried this great salad out from a cookbook I own. And I thought, hey I should share this great recipe with my 'zaar family. So here it is. Summer is coming for heaps of you...I think it will come in handy.
Top Review by sugarpea
AWESOME! This is my next dinner party salad. I had no idea watermelon could be improved. It can. The lime zest is so attractive and the combination of sweet, tart and savory is just delightful. Thank you so much.
- 500 g watermelon
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaf, sprigs for garnish
- 200 g mild feta, diced
- 2 limes, juice and zest of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove skin, seed and the white part from the watermelon.
- Cut into bite size pieces.
- Place watermelon in a serving bowl.
- Drizzle lime juice over and season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add feta, mint and lime zest.
- Garnish with whole sprigs of mint.
- NOTE: You can substitute watermelon with cantalope if you want, replacing the feta with 100g of Stilton.
- A rich blue-veined cheese.