1/3 Photos of A Really Simple Potato Salad
I just made Kittencal's Starter Potato Salad and it reminded me of a potato salad I used to make a lot. What I like to do is cook the frozen peas and fresh carrots in the same pot, so as to make it easier for me not to cook three different ingredients three different times. and don't worry about the horseradish, if it's too spicy put in a little bit less. I just like it because it adds some color to the mayo dressing and it adds kick to the salad. For the potatoes you can use either P.E.I potatoes or Idaho potatoes, both are good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the potatoes first, and then boil in water for 30-40 minutes, or until soft. Let cool, before cubing them.
- 2In a large bowl combine the potatoes with the peas, carrots, and pickled.
- 3In a smaller bowl combine the mayonnaise, horseradish, salt and pepper to taste, basil and oregano. (If you think the horseradish is a little too much, use a little less. I use 1 tablespoon because that is my taste preference).
- 4Add the mayonnaise mixture a little at a time and mix well. If you like it to be creamier make a little more mayonnaise.
- 5Serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Really Simple Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.8
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 977.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: